2010-09-02

Romanian Prices

As long I can remember, food prices only grew upper and upper. For instance this autumn prices at oil, bread and other kinds of food will begin to grow, by a different amount each. For instance oil will grow with about 15% and bread with a maximum of 30%. Although oil price already increased with 15%, bread price stayed the same but is due to increase with a maximum of 30% in the following days.

In other words life here in Romania is getting harder and harder each day.

So what can we (the Romanians) do to give the food producers a "HINT" so they will understand that increasing prices is bad business in this times or any other times ?


The answer is so simple, I even tested it in a supermarket. Here it is explained.

One day I went to a supermarket to buy some milk (Sanlacta). For my bitter surprise I found out that its price grew from 6 lei (1.4 euro) to 8 lei (1.87 euro). Perhaps for the reader from another country this does not seem to be much, but I assure you that for the average Romanian this is. But let's continue the story. So, there I was wondering at the price and not knowingly I sad: "Whow what expensive is Sanlacta !". After saying that I bought a cheaper milk, which had the same taste. Near to me were two people, which obviously heard me and for my surprise that bought the same milk I did. At that moment I thought to myself: Sanlacta 0 - Me 1 or 3. And the moral to my story is this: Buy the food you find that has the best ratio of price and quality and soon you will realize that the expensive food will gradually come to a more accessible price.

No comments:

Post a Comment